Centre Philosophy and Beliefs
We offer a commitment to an excellent and developmentally appropriate programme for 3 – 5 year old children, which values and supports the principals of early childhood education in all areas of development and learning outcomes (in accordance with the National & Victorian Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards).
- The staff at this centre value the uniqueness of each child and we commit to fostering their self esteem, sense of belonging and wellbeing, and looking after their individual needs. We hold great esteem for all children and respect the individual child’s thoughts, creativity and way of learning.
- Our programme is play-based and we run an indoor/outdoor programme that develops decision making and independence.
- The staff at this centre encourage the children to play in an inclusive and respectful manner and to develop empathy for others.
- We value the processes of problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution and view each and every child as an active and involved learner.
- We believe in looking at the whole child, in the way they learn and think, and at the whole picture of learning from the child’s perspective.
- We offer a healthy, safe and loving environment for the children to explore, learn, flourish and grow and one in which they feel loved, secure and safe.
- We promote a sense of belonging for the children, staff and families through open communications and shared decision making, and working in partnership with families we use the learning outcomes – (from the Early Years Learning Frameworks) to plan for and guide the children’s learning. This develops positive relationships between staff, families and the children, where all are respected and listened to.
- We promote cultural inclusiveness, working together with families to plan a program that values and respects all cultures within our centre, families and community.
- We value and promote environmental sustainability and respect for the natural environment through encouragement of recycling, development of a veggie garden and worm farm, installation of water tanks and provision and care of natural shade and grass in our outdoor play areas.